Wildlife holidays in Botswana
Tell me about Botswana …
A land-locked country straddling the Tropic of Capricorn, Botswana offers one of the last unspoiled wildernesses in Africa.
Botswana is a country of extreme habitats: in it you can visit the vast waterless Kalahari, as well as the world’s largest inland delta – the Okavango.
Remarkably for an African country, Botswana has a tiny population. Just over one million inhabitants occupy this nation that is the size of France and Germany together!
Nearly one fifth of its area is given over to national parks and it has huge, unfenced game reserves.
Our Botswana specialist recommends..
"Our ‘Bostwana’ tour offers a comprehensive 15-day wildlife adventure to Chobe National Park, Moremi Wildlife Reserve, Victoria Falls and a 4-day exploration of the magnificent Okavango Delta. Our ‘Botswana’s Desert & Delta’ tour is birdwatching holiday to the spectacular inland delta of the Okavango."
Whats special about its wildlife?
- The largest herds in southern Africa roam free & wild
- Botswana is home to some of the continents most spectacular & varied bird life
- Wild Dogs are a special species to see in the region & our wildlife holidays offer the chance of seeing this elusive species
- The Okavango transforms 15,000 square kilometres of Botswana into a paradise of palms, papyrus & crystal clear waterways teeming with wildlife
Naturetrek tours to Botswana
Naturetrek offers a range of wildlife holidays and natural history tours in Botswana. These include bargain tours as well as a comprehensive 16-day holiday.
Our tours to Botswana visit:
- The Okavango Deltas complex habitats in search of its mammals & birds
- Chobe National Park, which is especially famous for Elephants & waterbirds, as well as Lion & Cheetah in its savannah areas
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve – we look for birds such as woodpeckers, barbets and weavers, plus huge herds of Buffalo, Lechwe, Zebra & other mammals on the edge of the Okavango
- Our Botswana tour includes a visit to the Victoria Falls
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Botswana HOLIDAYS
This holiday was extremely good value and well run. The two guides (brothers) were first-rate and very efficient, and the organisation was superb. The camps’ staff were amazing, and always ready to help. Although we went on this trip with some trepidation despite the mixed weather, we had no problem at all. Generally a fantastic trip and I would recommend it to anyone.
Grant and Brent Reed are totally amazing. Their hospitality, modesty, sense of fun and safety, knowledge and enthusiasm was extraordinary.
It was a fantastic trip. The Camp staff were great and looked after us all. They always made sure that I, as a vegetarian, had something to eat. The whole camping experience was fantastic and it was a great thrill to have elephants eating from trees a few yards away from my tent.... I would also like to point out that the service I have received prior to my departure has been first class. On a couple of occasions I emailed questions through and received responses within 24 hours.