Wildlife holidays in Kenya
Tell me about Kenya …
Kenya is a magical country. With a functional veneer of westernisation, it is bustling and colourful, and packed with variety – a melting pot of everything African.
Despite pressure from tourism and a growing population this country remains the naturalist’s first choice in Africa ... and perhaps the world.
Kenya has a variety of scenery and habitats unrivalled even in Africa: arid deserts, verdant rainforests, rolling grasslands, snow-capped equatorial peaks, lush green hills, cultivated plains, plus the lakes and spectacular escarpments of the Great Rift Valley.
The country is serviced by a good network of roads as well as by standards of accommodation and cuisine as high as any in Africa.
Our Kenya specialist recommends...
Our ‘Kenya’s Masai Mara’ bargain mammals tour is a great way to see beautiful Lake Naivasha and its beautiful surroundings, the astonishing scenery of the Great Rift Valley and the vast numbers of game in the Masai Mara NP.
What’s special about its wildlife?
- Abundant game in the reserves
- Superb variety of mammals including the ‘big five’ & much more
- Over a thousand species of birds – unrivalled by any other African area of similar size – many of which are exceptionally colourful, approachable & easily photographed
Naturetrek tours to Kenya
Naturetrek offers a whole range of wildlife holidays and natural history tours in Kenya, focusing in particular on its amazing birds and mammals. Here are a few of the places we visit in Kenya:
- Wildlife safaris to the Masai Mara
- The Rift Valley, Mount Kenya & stunning Indian Ocean coast
- World famous game reserves such as Amboseli, Samburu & Tsavo
What wildlife can I see?
It’s hard to know where to start, but here are just a few of the wildlife highlights a tour to Kenya can offer:
- The famous annual migration of Blue Wildebeest, Topi, zebra, gazelles, Giraffe & other mammals
- Predators including Lion, Leopard, Cheetah, jackals & hyenas
- Elephant, African Buffalo & other mammals in the Serengeti
- Watching Hippos wallowing at Mzima Springs
- Lake Nakuru’s spectacular flamingoes
- A fantastic array of bird life including hornbills, Ostriches, Secretary Birds, Carmine Bee-eaters, widowbirds, vultures, barbets, weavers …
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Kenya HOLIDAYS
I very much enjoyed my trip to Kenya. Birdwatching was first rate and the game viewing an added bonus. We saw lions, cheetah, and leopards. The staff took good care of us and were vigilant in ensuring our safety...Thanks to all concerned.
The guides were very knowledgeable and worked hard to find all the animals that lived in the areas we visited. They were patient when the photographers wanted to get just the right picture. Their driving skills were impressive and I always felt safe with them. The holiday fulfilled all my expectations.
The hotels/tents were fantastic, when someone says tent you think of getting on all fours and crawling in - these were like bungalows and the view from all tents and dining tent, as well as the hotel where we stayed at Elsemere. Words can't describe the views, and the birds were fantastic. Not to forget the 3 drivers/guides, their knowledge was amazing, and they helped me so much as everyone else who needed it.