WHALE WATCHING HOLIDAYS
Seeing whales in the wild is one of the top 10 things most people want to do during their lifetime. Scanning the water, waiting to hear a blow or see a dorsal fin, is one of the top wildlife experiences in the world, and it can get addictive!
Our whale watching tour specialist recommends …
"Within Europe, the Azores is hard to beat for Sperm Whale sightings, and Madeira combines a lovely island setting with a chance to see both common and rarer species. While Sri Lanka is becoming a hot spot for Blue Whales. The ultimate whale watching tour, though, is our Naturetrek Baja cruise!"
Naturetrek Tour Leader
NATURETREK WHALE WATCHING TOURS
Thankfully, centuries of whaling have been (almost) consigned to history as ecotourism has replaced the slaughter of these gentle and fascinating creatures.
Watching whales in the flesh is far more exciting than you can ever imagine. Our whale watching tours give you a chance to see these animals, whether on a UK day-trip or a 14-day dedicated cruise. Due to popular demand we are rapidly expanding our programme of whale watching holidays!
Why book a Naturetrek whale watching holiday?
- Expert biologist-led & wildlife photographer-led holidays
- Dedicated whale watching tours focusing on one or a few key species
- Whale watching as part of a broader wildlife watching holiday
- Many of our whale watching tours offer the chance to see dolphins as well
- A range of tours from day trips out on small boats to week-long liveaboard cruises
- A chance to look for cetaceans in all of the world’s oceans, from polar waters to the tropics
- A wide range of the world’s 86 species are seen on our whale watching holidays, including Blue Whales and Killer Whales
Naturetrek whale watching tour destinations:
Australia, New Zealand, Gibraltar, Spain, Iceland, Norway, Portugal (Azores & Madeira), South Africa, Canada, Mexico – Baja California, UK, Argentina, the Galapagos Islands and more.
But we offer so much more!
View all of our whale watching holidays or call us now on +44 1962 733051 to find out more.
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Whale HOLIDAYS
This was a fantastic trip, excellent views and photo opportunities. The Spirit of Adventure was a wonderful boat with a great crew and splendid food. The naturalist Scott Anderson was excellent.
Trip leaders worked hard and delivered in all areas - organisation, bird and whale watching, and identification. And in my case, Peter put in a great deal of effort to ensure my gluten-free diet was well catered for. Nothing seemed too much trouble for either Peter or Ed, which contributed greatly to the great holiday we all enjoyed.
Wildlife great - saw lots of Blue Whales and a Leopard...many birds and other animals.