Dolphin Watching Holidays
Seeing dolphins in the wild consistently ranks high on people’s lists of ’10 Things To See Before I Die’. Dolphins have captured the public imagination arguably more than any other animal – we marvel at their intelligence, grace and agility, as well as their apparent curiosity of their human observers.
OUR DOLPHIN TOURS SPECIALIST RECOMMENDS …
In the UK I’d recommend our full-day dolphin tours to look for White-beaked dolphins off Lyme Bay. Madeira offers a good variety of dolphins close to shore including Risso’s, Atlantic Spotted and Common, while if you fancy warm tropical waters Sri Lanka or the Maldives offer a good range of acrobatic species in sunny conditions! - Tom Brereton
NATURETREK DOLPHIN TOURS
Why book one of Naturetrek’s dolphin watching holidays?
Naturetrek offers the chance to watch dolphins all over the world, from the UK to the tropics and polar regions. Many of our dolphin tours also offer the opportunity to see whales.
- Dedicated dolphin tours focusing on one or a few key species
- Dolphin watching as part of a broader wildlife watching tour
- A range of tours from day trips out on small boats to week-long liveaboard cruises
- Expert biologist-led, photographer-led and researcher-led tours
- A wide range of the world’s dolphin species seen, from Bottlenose and Risso’s, to Spinner, Striped and Heaviside’s
Our range of dolphin watching holidays includes:
- A Maldives Cruise – a cruise through the turquoise waters surrounding the Maldives, searching for dolphins and whales
- Monterey Bay – enjoying the dolphins, whales and bird life of California’s Monterey Bay
- The Azores – searching the cetacean-rich waters of the Azores
- Madeira – a 5-day holiday in search of dolphins and wales
We also run dolphin tours to Madeira, the Bay of Biscay, the Straits of Gibraltar, Baja California, Sri Lanka, Norway, Spitsbergen and, within the UK, Dorset, Pembrokeshire and Scotland.
But we offer so much more!
View all of our dolphin watching holidays or call us now on +44 1962 733051 to find out more.
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Dolphins HOLIDAYS
Jenny was an enthusiastic and thoughtful leader who looked after her 'flock' extremely well. Chas was an outstanding guide to the wonders of the Maldives combining amazing academic expertise with an unfailing human touch. The Ari Queen was an extremely comfortable vessel which was very well run. The staff were friendly and helpful, the food was excellent and plentiful - we loved the great variety of fish we were given, often caught the previous evening off the boat.
The trips out to see the Whales etc. were wonderful. Peter had gone to great care to ensure everything was well organised and everyone had the opportunity to see and photograph everything they wanted.
His vast knowledge of the wildlife and his pure enjoyment of showing us birds etc. that we had no knowledge of made our holiday even better than we could have imagined.
His contact with local people was invaluable and we even went on the maiden voyage of a brand new catamaran to see the Whales. he highlight obviously was watching a Blue Whale.
The whale watching trips were brilliant. The group size worked very well and everybody got along. The knowledge and expertise of the leaders were excellent, both on the boats and the land-based trips. It was great to come back to the hotel for a swim and relax in the hot tub.