Dolphin Watching Holidays
Seeing dolphins in the wild consistently ranks high on people’s lists of ’10 Things To See Before I Die’. Dolphins have captured the public imagination arguably more than any other animal – we marvel at their intelligence, grace and agility, as well as their apparent curiosity of their human observers.
OUR DOLPHIN TOURS SPECIALIST RECOMMENDS …
In the UK I’d recommend our full-day dolphin tours to look for White-beaked dolphins off Lyme Bay. Madeira offers a good variety of dolphins close to shore including Risso’s, Atlantic Spotted and Common, while if you fancy warm tropical waters Sri Lanka or the Maldives offer a good range of acrobatic species in sunny conditions! - Tom Brereton
NATURETREK DOLPHIN TOURS
Why book one of Naturetrek’s dolphin watching holidays?
Naturetrek offers the chance to watch dolphins all over the world, from the UK to the tropics and polar regions. Many of our dolphin tours also offer the opportunity to see whales.
- Dedicated dolphin tours focusing on one or a few key species
- Dolphin watching as part of a broader wildlife watching tour
- A range of tours from day trips out on small boats to week-long liveaboard cruises
- Expert biologist-led, photographer-led and researcher-led tours
- A wide range of the world’s dolphin species seen, from Bottlenose and Risso’s, to Spinner, Striped and Heaviside’s
Our range of dolphin watching holidays includes:
- A Maldives Cruise – a cruise through the turquoise waters surrounding the Maldives, searching for dolphins and whales
- Monterey Bay – enjoying the dolphins, whales and bird life of California’s Monterey Bay
- The Azores – searching the cetacean-rich waters of the Azores
- Madeira – a 5-day holiday in search of dolphins and wales
We also run dolphin tours to Madeira, the Bay of Biscay, the Straits of Gibraltar, Baja California, Sri Lanka, Norway, Spitsbergen and, within the UK, Dorset, Pembrokeshire and Scotland.
But we offer so much more!
View all of our dolphin watching holidays or call us now on +44 1962 733051 to find out more.
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Dolphins HOLIDAYS
We were delighted to have such wonderful encounters with Pilot Whales, Risso's Dolphins, Spinner Dolphins....snorkeling with Manta Rays and Whale Shark, and (we were) amazed by the topography of the Maldives themselves....The overall feeling we had on our return was that we had been to an exotic world and loved every minute of it.
Very good trip - interesting in all the areas and aspects covered...Visit to Ventana was very interesting - even for a non-birder person like myself. Appreciate the fact that the leaders were very aware that not all of us were on the trip for birds, and that Peter and Ian took time to explain/describe what we were seeing, thus has begun to foster an interest!...Overall - had a great week, Peter and Ian were very good tour leaders and I enjoyed the company of my fellow travellers.
This was a truly outstanding experience. We had it all! Exceptional viewings of 7 species of whale, generally calm seas, blue skies & sunshine, enthusiastic & knowledgeable guides, superb food, brilliant birdwatching, special experiences snorkelling, a friendly funny and helpful crew, good company and amenable group and don’t forget the dolphins..thank you!