Dolphin Watching Holidays
Seeing dolphins in the wild consistently ranks high on people’s lists of ’10 Things To See Before I Die’. Dolphins have captured the public imagination arguably more than any other animal – we marvel at their intelligence, grace and agility, as well as their apparent curiosity of their human observers.
OUR DOLPHIN TOURS SPECIALIST RECOMMENDS …
In the UK I’d recommend our full-day dolphin tours to look for White-beaked dolphins off Lyme Bay. Madeira offers a good variety of dolphins close to shore including Risso’s, Atlantic Spotted and Common, while if you fancy warm tropical waters Sri Lanka or the Maldives offer a good range of acrobatic species in sunny conditions! - Tom Brereton
NATURETREK DOLPHIN TOURS
Why book one of Naturetrek’s dolphin watching holidays?
Naturetrek offers the chance to watch dolphins all over the world, from the UK to the tropics and polar regions. Many of our dolphin tours also offer the opportunity to see whales.
- Dedicated dolphin tours focusing on one or a few key species
- Dolphin watching as part of a broader wildlife watching tour
- A range of tours from day trips out on small boats to week-long liveaboard cruises
- Expert biologist-led, photographer-led and researcher-led tours
- A wide range of the world’s dolphin species seen, from Bottlenose and Risso’s, to Spinner, Striped and Heaviside’s
Our range of dolphin watching holidays includes:
- A Maldives Cruise – a cruise through the turquoise waters surrounding the Maldives, searching for dolphins and whales
- Monterey Bay – enjoying the dolphins, whales and bird life of California’s Monterey Bay
- The Azores – searching the cetacean-rich waters of the Azores
- Madeira – a 5-day holiday in search of dolphins and wales
We also run dolphin tours to Madeira, the Bay of Biscay, the Straits of Gibraltar, Baja California, Sri Lanka, Norway, Spitsbergen and, within the UK, Dorset, Pembrokeshire and Scotland.
But we offer so much more!
View all of our dolphin watching holidays or call us now on +44 1962 733051 to find out more.
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Dolphins HOLIDAYS
This was a fantastic trip, excellent views and photo opportunities. The Spirit of Adventure was a wonderful boat with a great crew and splendid food. The naturalist Scott Anderson was excellent.
The whole holiday was an amazing experience - the boat, crew, food and Chas with his wealth of knowledge to share with us. If you told anyone that the hour-long 'lectures' each evening were sensational and left us wanting more information, they probably wouldn't believe you! The sight of a mother blue whale coming alongside the boat, looking like a submarine hull it was so huge, and then realising that it had a calf beside it was overwhelming - not something you expect to see in real life!
Food on boat excellent, helpful hands, and great thrill being able to pat a grey whale and calf!