Dolphin Watching Holidays
Seeing dolphins in the wild consistently ranks high on people’s lists of ’10 Things To See Before I Die’. Dolphins have captured the public imagination arguably more than any other animal – we marvel at their intelligence, grace and agility, as well as their apparent curiosity of their human observers.
OUR DOLPHIN TOURS SPECIALIST RECOMMENDS …
In the UK I’d recommend our full-day dolphin tours to look for White-beaked dolphins off Lyme Bay. Madeira offers a good variety of dolphins close to shore including Risso’s, Atlantic Spotted and Common, while if you fancy warm tropical waters Sri Lanka or the Maldives offer a good range of acrobatic species in sunny conditions! - Tom Brereton
NATURETREK DOLPHIN TOURS
Why book one of Naturetrek’s dolphin watching holidays?
Naturetrek offers the chance to watch dolphins all over the world, from the UK to the tropics and polar regions. Many of our dolphin tours also offer the opportunity to see whales.
- Dedicated dolphin tours focusing on one or a few key species
- Dolphin watching as part of a broader wildlife watching tour
- A range of tours from day trips out on small boats to week-long liveaboard cruises
- Expert biologist-led, photographer-led and researcher-led tours
- A wide range of the world’s dolphin species seen, from Bottlenose and Risso’s, to Spinner, Striped and Heaviside’s
Our range of dolphin watching holidays includes:
- A Maldives Cruise – a cruise through the turquoise waters surrounding the Maldives, searching for dolphins and whales
- Monterey Bay – enjoying the dolphins, whales and bird life of California’s Monterey Bay
- The Azores – searching the cetacean-rich waters of the Azores
- Madeira – a 5-day holiday in search of dolphins and wales
We also run dolphin tours to Madeira, the Bay of Biscay, the Straits of Gibraltar, Baja California, Sri Lanka, Norway, Spitsbergen and, within the UK, Dorset, Pembrokeshire and Scotland.
But we offer so much more!
View all of our dolphin watching holidays or call us now on +44 1962 733051 to find out more.
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Dolphins HOLIDAYS
The holiday was an amazing experience - we saw 9 species of whales and dolphins, 4 pinnipeds and nearly 100 species of bird we had not seen before - and we loved the peace and quiet of the islands we visited. Our guides Lee and Rob were knowledgeable and enthusiastic and added hugely to the experience.
Excellent trip all round. Both Tim and Scott were great tour leaders at all times imparting excellent commentary backed up with sound knowledge of the flora and fauna. The Captain and crew of the Spirit of Adventure were faultless in their care and our needs. Congratulations and many thanks to all. Well done.
This was a superb trip. We were lucky in all respects: wonderful wildlife, great weather, gorgeous scenery, first class food and accommodation, and above all informative, friendly amd caring team leaders.