Dolphin Watching Holidays
Seeing dolphins in the wild consistently ranks high on people’s lists of ’10 Things To See Before I Die’. Dolphins have captured the public imagination arguably more than any other animal – we marvel at their intelligence, grace and agility, as well as their apparent curiosity of their human observers.
OUR DOLPHIN TOURS SPECIALIST RECOMMENDS …
In the UK I’d recommend our full-day dolphin tours to look for White-beaked dolphins off Lyme Bay. Madeira offers a good variety of dolphins close to shore including Risso’s, Atlantic Spotted and Common, while if you fancy warm tropical waters Sri Lanka or the Maldives offer a good range of acrobatic species in sunny conditions! - Tom Brereton
NATURETREK DOLPHIN TOURS
Why book one of Naturetrek’s dolphin watching holidays?
Naturetrek offers the chance to watch dolphins all over the world, from the UK to the tropics and polar regions. Many of our dolphin tours also offer the opportunity to see whales.
- Dedicated dolphin tours focusing on one or a few key species
- Dolphin watching as part of a broader wildlife watching tour
- A range of tours from day trips out on small boats to week-long liveaboard cruises
- Expert biologist-led, photographer-led and researcher-led tours
- A wide range of the world’s dolphin species seen, from Bottlenose and Risso’s, to Spinner, Striped and Heaviside’s
Our range of dolphin watching holidays includes:
- A Maldives Cruise – a cruise through the turquoise waters surrounding the Maldives, searching for dolphins and whales
- Monterey Bay – enjoying the dolphins, whales and bird life of California’s Monterey Bay
- The Azores – searching the cetacean-rich waters of the Azores
- Madeira – a 5-day holiday in search of dolphins and wales
We also run dolphin tours to Madeira, the Bay of Biscay, the Straits of Gibraltar, Baja California, Sri Lanka, Norway, Spitsbergen and, within the UK, Dorset, Pembrokeshire and Scotland.
But we offer so much more!
View all of our dolphin watching holidays or call us now on +44 1962 733051 to find out more.
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Dolphins HOLIDAYS
A brilliant holiday - sun, sea, wildlife and snokelling - what could be better!
Just a note to say how much we all enjoyed our recent Baja California holiday aboard the Spirit of Adventure. It really was a tremendous trip with each day bringing fresh delights, from the humbling experience of the personal contact with the grey whales in San Ignacio to the sheer exhilaration of swimming with the sea lions at Los Islotes. We are left with so many wonderful memories (as well as innumerable photos and videos …) it would be almost impossible to pick one thing as the highlight of the trip. We can’t commend enough Tim and Scott. Apart from their excellent company, their contribution to the trip through their sheer enthusiasm for what they were doing and fantastic knowledge was invaluable. When you add in the crew of the good ship Spirit of Adventure, whose attentiveness and unfailing good humour really were the icing on the cake, it all added up to a tremendous holiday which we would have had no hesitation in recommending to others. Only one word of complaint, diet sheets should be issued at the end of the trip to help get rid of the excess pounds we put on due to Dan and Dean’s great cooking! Our thanks to everyone involved in making this trip possible.
...without your support and expertise, we wouldn’t have had such a wonderfully successful trip. I am still ‘there in spirit with the whales and dolphins’, an unforgettable and truly magical experience