Wildlife holidays in Botswana
Tell me about Botswana …
A land-locked country straddling the Tropic of Capricorn, Botswana offers one of the last unspoiled wildernesses in Africa.
Botswana is a country of extreme habitats: in it you can visit the vast waterless Kalahari, as well as the world’s largest inland delta – the Okavango.
Remarkably for an African country, Botswana has a tiny population. Just over one million inhabitants occupy this nation that is the size of France and Germany together!
Nearly one fifth of its area is given over to national parks and it has huge, unfenced game reserves.
Our Botswana specialist recommends..
"Our ‘Bostwana’ tour offers a comprehensive 15-day wildlife adventure to Chobe National Park, Moremi Wildlife Reserve, Victoria Falls and a 4-day exploration of the magnificent Okavango Delta. Our ‘Botswana’s Desert & Delta’ tour is birdwatching holiday to the spectacular inland delta of the Okavango."
Whats special about its wildlife?
- The largest herds in southern Africa roam free & wild
- Botswana is home to some of the continents most spectacular & varied bird life
- Wild Dogs are a special species to see in the region & our wildlife holidays offer the chance of seeing this elusive species
- The Okavango transforms 15,000 square kilometres of Botswana into a paradise of palms, papyrus & crystal clear waterways teeming with wildlife
Naturetrek tours to Botswana
Naturetrek offers a range of wildlife holidays and natural history tours in Botswana. These include bargain tours as well as a comprehensive 16-day holiday.
Our tours to Botswana visit:
- The Okavango Deltas complex habitats in search of its mammals & birds
- Chobe National Park, which is especially famous for Elephants & waterbirds, as well as Lion & Cheetah in its savannah areas
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve – we look for birds such as woodpeckers, barbets and weavers, plus huge herds of Buffalo, Lechwe, Zebra & other mammals on the edge of the Okavango
- Our Botswana tour includes a visit to the Victoria Falls
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Botswana HOLIDAYS
The trip outline proved to be very accurate except that we saw Wild Dogs in Savuti as well as Xakanaxa! Great variety of wildlife and habitats which showed Botswana at its abundant best. The Okovango extension is a must. Shadrek had amazing knowledge and expertise, especially of birds, and we always felt safe with him. I appreciated his balance between getting close to animals but not being intrusive or disturbing them. It was a true safari experience made wonderful by our guide and fabulous camp support team who produced amazing food on an open fire and worked tirelessly to make our trip the best they could. Thank you Mosa, Mulla and KP. I enjoyed the amount of time we spent on game drives and even the journeys between camps were full of opportunities for game viewing. The Okovango extension stay at Jacana Camp was a lovely contrast of habitat and comfort to end the holiday. The light plane flight over the delta was stunning. The whole trip had many, many interesting things to do and see even for this relatively experienced 'Africa hand'. Botswana is the gem I'd been led to believe it was in terms of terrain, ecology, wildlife, culture and the organisation of tourism.
The use of a local leader who really had an immense breadth of knowledge of all natural history was a massive bonus. Disho was both great company and a superb leader.
One of our best Naturetrek holidays so far. We are looking forward to many more, but would recommend this to anyone wanting to see the 'real' Africa.