Wildlife Cruise Holidays
The oceans are one of the last great wilderness areas left on our planet. Travelling by sea on a nature cruise represents the best way to see many of the world’s wildlife spectacles, as there are still wildlife paradises that are accessible by sea but cannot yet be reached by air.
Our nature cruise specialist recommends …
If you love whales and dolphins I’d recommend our Baja & Sea of Cortez nature cruise. The world’s largest concentration of cetaceans is found here, but book early as this tour sells out fast. I’d also suggest ‘Spitsbergen – Realm of the Polar Bear’ for a spectacular combination of wildlife and scenery. - Paul Stanbury
Naturetrek wildlife cruises offer:
- A range of cruising experiences, from exclusively chartered 50-berth expedition ships to smaller motor yachts & schooners
- Arctic & Antarctic nature cruises in ships with specially strengthened hulls
- Each voyage is accompanied by expert naturalists
- Wide range of wildlife cruises from five continents
We have been running wildlife cruises for over 20 years and if your image of cruising is endless deck quoits or bingo, think again! A life on the ocean waves can be a permit to witness scenes of natural splendour that most people will only ever see on their television screens.
A selection of our most popular wildlife cruises:
- Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands – Unique 2-week Galapagos nature cruise aboard a 16-berth schooner in search of the confiding birds, mammals & reptiles that inhabit these islands made so famous by Darwin
- The Sub-Antartic Islands of New Zealand – Penguins, marine mammals & seabirds
- Spitsbergen in the summer – Polar Bears, Walruses & seabirds
- Baja California – Blue Whales, Sperm Whales, thousands of dolphins & other marine life, plus San Ignacio’s friendly Grey Whales
- Kamchatka Peninsula – Pacific Ocean seabird colonies, spectacular volcanic scenery & over a dozen species of auks, plus Steller’s Sea Eagle, Siberian Rubythroats & much more
- Brahmaputra Cruise, India – Unique nature cruise visiting Kaziranga & other National Parks
But we offer so much more!
View all of our wildlife cruises or call us now on +44 1962 733051 to find out more.
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Cruises HOLIDAYS
The team on board the Cachalote was exceptional. The food was magnificent throughout. Xavier, our tour leader was highly knowledgeable, cheerful and able to resolve minor problems without most people realising that they existed! He was always on hand with help and encouragement. Our National Park guide, Juan, was the star of the show...his evening briefings became eagerly awaited performances. His knowledge of plants and volcanic formations was encyclopaedic and his love of the islands and his respect for the wildlife was obvious. The expeditions to the various island sites were pitched at the right level for us and most of the group. The visit to the Santa Cruz highlands was one of the highlights, and the varying wildlife and landscapes of the islands provided an amazing experience which we will always remember. Both of us enjoyed the day in the Antisana region, and the Sacha extension provided another magical experience. The lodge was superb and the guides again excelled.
An excellent holiday that exceeded my expectations. The Naturetrek group was extremely good and we all hit it off! Darwin Alvarez was a brilliant guide, superlatives are not enough. He was easy going, very knowledgeable and patient, a credit to the Galapagos national park service.
This was a fantastic holiday. Well organised and plenty of advance information supplied by Rajan. The boat and its crew were top class in terms of accommodation and the service provided. The local naturalists and cultural guide were also excellent and very kind. Sujan and Bunty were also excellent and Sujan in particular was a very pro-active leader and great fun as well as being knowledgeable. We had high hopes of this holiday, but they were exceeded - a fantastic combination of wildlife, culture, the boat, guides and India!