Wildlife Cruise Holidays
The oceans are one of the last great wilderness areas left on our planet. Travelling by sea on a nature cruise represents the best way to see many of the world’s wildlife spectacles, as there are still wildlife paradises that are accessible by sea but cannot yet be reached by air.
Our nature cruise specialist recommends …
If you love whales and dolphins I’d recommend our Baja & Sea of Cortez nature cruise. The world’s largest concentration of cetaceans is found here, but book early as this tour sells out fast. I’d also suggest ‘Spitsbergen – Realm of the Polar Bear’ for a spectacular combination of wildlife and scenery. - Paul Stanbury
Naturetrek wildlife cruises offer:
- A range of cruising experiences, from exclusively chartered 50-berth expedition ships to smaller motor yachts & schooners
- Arctic & Antarctic nature cruises in ships with specially strengthened hulls
- Each voyage is accompanied by expert naturalists
- Wide range of wildlife cruises from five continents
We have been running wildlife cruises for over 20 years and if your image of cruising is endless deck quoits or bingo, think again! A life on the ocean waves can be a permit to witness scenes of natural splendour that most people will only ever see on their television screens.
A selection of our most popular wildlife cruises:
- Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands – Unique 2-week Galapagos nature cruise aboard a 16-berth schooner in search of the confiding birds, mammals & reptiles that inhabit these islands made so famous by Darwin
- The Sub-Antartic Islands of New Zealand – Penguins, marine mammals & seabirds
- Spitsbergen in the summer – Polar Bears, Walruses & seabirds
- Baja California – Blue Whales, Sperm Whales, thousands of dolphins & other marine life, plus San Ignacio’s friendly Grey Whales
- Kamchatka Peninsula – Pacific Ocean seabird colonies, spectacular volcanic scenery & over a dozen species of auks, plus Steller’s Sea Eagle, Siberian Rubythroats & much more
- Brahmaputra Cruise, India – Unique nature cruise visiting Kaziranga & other National Parks
But we offer so much more!
View all of our wildlife cruises or call us now on +44 1962 733051 to find out more.
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Cruises HOLIDAYS
An excellent holiday that exceeded my expectations. The Naturetrek group was extremely good and we all hit it off! Darwin Alvarez was a brilliant guide, superlatives are not enough. He was easy going, very knowledgeable and patient, a credit to the Galapagos national park service.
It is seldom that what is promised as the holiday of a lifetime really lives up to one’s dreams, but this one did. Because the expedition was a single charter the programme was flexible and the small number of passengers meant that we could arrange the landings to suit everyone. The Captain and his crew were friendly and courteous…we were always made welcome. Our chef, Marcello, provided superb meals, I wouldn’t like to think about preparing soup in a force 12! He deserves special thanks. The experts were unfailingly helpful. But I must save my highest praise for the expedition leader Rolfe. His knowledge and experience of the area is vast and he was generous with both his time and his expertise. He was always alert to everybody’s needs, fully appreciating that this expedition was likely to be our one and only chance of visiting the area and making sure, as far as possible, that all our own personal agendas were satisfied. He did this with unfailing good humour and charm. Thanks also to all in the office for helping with my pre-departure questions and concerns.
Art Taylor and his team were first class. They all make for a wonderful experience. Lee Morgan and Rob Nawojchik are superb guides. I have been on several guided trips and this team is by far the best. Both were always available, working hard to search for wish-list species. This was always done at a pace that suited all and ensured that everyone had a memorable trip.