Wildlife Cruise Holidays
The oceans are one of the last great wilderness areas left on our planet. Travelling by sea on a nature cruise represents the best way to see many of the world’s wildlife spectacles, as there are still wildlife paradises that are accessible by sea but cannot yet be reached by air.
Our nature cruise specialist recommends …
If you love whales and dolphins I’d recommend our Baja & Sea of Cortez nature cruise. The world’s largest concentration of cetaceans is found here, but book early as this tour sells out fast. I’d also suggest ‘Spitsbergen – Realm of the Polar Bear’ for a spectacular combination of wildlife and scenery. -
Naturetrek wildlife cruises offer:
- A range of cruising experiences, from exclusively chartered 50-berth expedition ships to smaller motor yachts & schooners
- Arctic & Antarctic nature cruises in ships with specially strengthened hulls
- Each voyage is accompanied by expert naturalists
- Wide range of wildlife cruises from five continents
We have been running wildlife cruises for over 30 years and if your image of cruising is endless deck quoits or bingo, think again! A life on the ocean waves can be a permit to witness scenes of natural splendour that most people will only ever see on their television screens.
A selection of our most popular wildlife cruises:
- Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands – Unique 2-week Galapagos nature cruise aboard a 16-berth schooner in search of the confiding birds, mammals & reptiles that inhabit these islands made so famous by Darwin
- The Sub-Antartic Islands of New Zealand – Penguins, marine mammals & seabirds (Tailormade)
- Spitsbergen in the summer – Polar Bears, Walruses & seabirds
- Baja California – Blue Whales, Sperm Whales, thousands of dolphins & other marine life, plus San Ignacio’s friendly Grey Whales
- Kamchatka Peninsula – Pacific Ocean seabird colonies, spectacular volcanic scenery & over a dozen species of auks, plus Steller’s Sea Eagle, Siberian Rubythroats & much more (Tailormade)
- Brahmaputra Cruise, India – Unique nature cruise visiting Kaziranga & other National Parks
But we offer so much more!
View all of our wildlife cruises or call us now on +44 1962 733051 to find out more.
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Cruises HOLIDAYS
Our local guide Darwin Alvarez was excellent.
A small boat meant we visited the sites the bigger boats were not allowed to visit so fewer people to share our time on each island; at several, we were the only boat at anchor.
Food on boat excellent, helpful hands, and great thrill being able to pat a grey whale and calf!
The Naturetrek tour leaders were excellent throughout: full of enthusiasm and outstanding at pointing out the wildlife from the ship, as said wildlife appeared.
Visiting South Georgia was a magical experience: truly awesome scenery and terrific wildlife. Also, we had an opportunity here to stretch our legs!
Whale watching was terrific - I never imagined that I would see so many species, and so close to the ship.
Initially, sharing a quadruple cabin with three other guys seemed daunting, particularly given the cramped conditions, but the camaraderie that developed between us actually heightened my enjoyment of the holiday.
The huge logistical operation of ensuring that 110 clients got to the right places at the right time worked remarkably well. Congratulations to Paul Stanbury and all the Naturetrek staff who managed to pull off this achievement.