Short Break Wildlife Holidays
Among our programme is a significant range of short breaks, designed specially for those wishing to enjoy some of Europe’s top natural history highlights at the best time of year. All of these holidays have the bonus of being short-haul and supported by like-minded wildlife enthusiasts.
Our short break specialist recommends...
“We offer two superb short breaks to the lovely island of Madeira in search of whales, dolphins and seabirds. It’s hard to beat our ‘Just Brown Bears’ trip for families, while if you fancy something off the beaten track, try ‘Estonia in Early Spring’ for some excellent spring bird watching.”
Naturetrek Tour Manager
Naturetrek short break wildlife tours
Short breaks are becoming increasingly popular and in response to the high demand for this type of holiday we are continuing to increase our programme both within the UK and abroad. Most of our short breaks are within Europe, for convenience of travel, though we do offer a 6-day whale watching break to the USA’s eastern seaboard too.
For some of our mini-breaks there is an option to travel by plane or train, and we offer a choice of duration and type of break, from a weekend’s bird watching in the Somerset Levels to a 6-day whale watching tour in the Azores.
A selection of our UK short breaks:
- A winter bird watching break in Norfolk
- A holiday to look for breeding Corncrakes as well as seabirds & waders in County Mayo, Ireland
- A wildlife weekend in the New Forest
A selection of our overseas short breaks:
- A holiday to Morocco in search of the endangered Bald Ibis
- In Spain we look for the world’s rarest cat, the Iberian Lynx
- Wolves & Great Bustards on the plains in rural northern Spain
- An exploration of La Brenne’s exceptionally rich butterfly life in northern France
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Short Breaks HOLIDAYS
Excellent trip. Very well led by Jari and Hari.
Trip leader - couldn't have been better.
The leader made the New Forest fascinating. The information he gave us was excellent and well presented. Although I've visited the area beofre, I know so much more now and I'll need to visit again.