Jaguar Holidays with Guaranteed Sightings
The Jaguar is South America’s most iconic cat. Secretive and stunningly beautiful, seeing one of them surely ranks among the world’s top 10 wildlife experiences. Naturetrek offers dedicated Jaguar holidays to Brazil of varying lengths. Naturetrek groups have also seen these stunning wild cats in Tambopata, Peru (Macaws and Machu Picchu) and in the Iwokrama rainforest in Guyana (Guyana - A Timeless Paradise), although sightings in both localities are less frequent than in the Pantanal.
Our Jaguar holidays specialist recommends...
If you want a holiday dedicated to looking for these magnificent cats, you can’t do any better than Naturetrek’s ‘Brazil – Just Jaguars!’ tour. We’ve had some excellent sightings – sitting beside a river, on a track and even swimming. For those who want to stay longer and explore a greater variety of habitats I’d recommend our 17-day ‘‘Brazilian Pantanal & IguazuFalls’ tour, though you’ll see a host of fantastic wildlife on both trips!
Operations Manager, Dan Free
Why choose Naturetrek?
We offer one dedicated tour for seeing Jaguars: our 12-day - Brazil – Just Jaguars! has a remarkable 100% record of success. They have also been seen on Naturetrek’s 17-day Brazilian Pantanal & Iguazu Falls holiday.
With our wealth of experience in offering wildlife tours to South America, Naturetrek has developed an extensive network of the very best naturalist guides in Brazil. Our Jaguar holidays focus on the Brazilian Pantanal, the best place in the world for seeing these animals.
Here are some of the reasons why Naturetrek’s Jaguar holidays are so successful:
• 100% sightings on our dedicated Just Jaguars! holiday to date
• Led by expert locally-based naturalist guides
• Visit the Brazilian Pantanal, famous for its density of wild Jaguars
• Extensive knowledge of the Brazilian Pantanal
• Up-to-date information from local contacts
• Outings at optimal times of the day for jaguar watching
• Night-drives, plus early morning & late afternoon excursions
• Superb local guides whose expertise and knowledge guarantee us the best sightings
What can I expect on a Naturetrek Jaguar holiday?
• Explore Pantanal by day on boat trips & in open vehicle rides
• Night outings with spotlighting
• Our Brazil – Just Jaguars! tour spends 4 days in their prime habitat
• Enjoy the chance to see other wildlife & cultures
• Look for a host of other wildlife including Ocelot, Giant Anteater & Hyacinth Macaw
• View Giant River Otter, Caiman & Capybara, the world’s largest rodent
• The security of a like-minded small group & Naturetrek leader
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Jaguars HOLIDAYS
Our guide Marcos was absolutely excellent and his care for us and the interest he brought to the whole trip was outstanding. He is knowledgeable, kind, has a great sense of humour and did his very best to make sure we were all included. The whole trip was outstanding and I enjoyed it immensely.
Great trip - 7 individual Jaguars, 13 sightings with fantastic views. One highlight, Jaguar with Caiman kill. Great close-up view of an otter enjoying his fish breakfast. Not forgetting good sightings of birds and mammals. The flotel was the ideal base, right in the centre of the wildlife and my favourite area. Marcos worked hard to make sure everyone saw everything they wanted to see. Great leader, enthusiastic and knowledgeable about all wildlife. The trip was well organised from the time we were picked up at the airport, to the time we were dropped off.
Alyson Melo was excellent on all scores: Knowledgeable on the wildlife (not just able to name what we saw) and on Brazil in general. Utterly professional, conscientious and worked his socks off for us all. Also a very pleasant person, with whom it was delightful to chat. Could not have been better.
The whole trip gave excellent opportunities to see a range of wildlife including but also additional to the 'target species'. For us it was the certainty of seeing far more than the 'target species' which made this trip attractive. In fact, we saw all 'target species' except Giant Anteater which was purely bad luck as other groups saw Giant Anteaters on the same days and in the same areas where we looked.