DEDICATED JAGUAR TOURS WITH NATURETREK
We offer a selection of professionally organised Jaguar watching holidays, offering chances to witness these enigmatic animals.
Experience a Naturetrek Jaguar Tour
Amongst the vast rainforests and wetlands of South America, the enigmatic Jaguar roams its habitat. For true wildlife aficionados, a sighting of this elusive cat rates as one of the most memorable encounters to be had. Our dedicated ''Brazil – Just Jaguars'' expedition affords participants this once in a lifetime experience, with 100% success record to date.
In addition to sightings of these magnificent big cats in Brazil, groups have also had the privilege of seeing them on other Naturetrek wildlife holidays in South America. Although seen less frequently than in the Pantanal, participants have encountered the secretive animal in the Iwokrama Rainforest, on ''Guyana – A Timeless Paradise'', and in Tambopata, Peru, on the itinerary of ''Macaws and Machu Picchu''.
Why choose Naturetrek’s Jaguar tours?
The Pantanal, in Brazil, is recognised as the very best place in the world for Jaguar watching. With many years' experience offering wildlife holidays all around the world, our extensive services include a network of the most exceptional naturalist guides in South America.
To date, Naturetrek's dedicated 12-day, ''Brazil – Just Jaguars'' safari has enjoyed an outstanding 100% success rate for sightings. In addition, there have also been sightings of the big cats on the 17-day "Brazilian Pantanal & Iguazu Falls” journey.
You can also spot Jaguars as well as Puma when you join us on the South America’s Big Cats holiday that will take you to Brazil’s Pantanal and to Chile’s Torres de Paine National Park for 16 days of Big Cat watching.
NatureTrek can offer you a wide-ranging wildlife trip to Brazil: our South America’s ‘Big Five’ is a 2-centre holiday to see the Brazilian Tapir, Giant Anteater, Maned Wolf, Giant River Otter and, of course, the Jaguar.
What makes our holidays so successful?
Our dedicated Jaguar tours take place in the Pantanal, in Brazil, which is renowned as a high-density habitat.
• All our treks are led by the best locally-based naturalist guides, who have a thorough, up-to-date knowledge of the Pantanal.
• Through extensive monitoring of the cats' movements and habitat, our local guides ensure the best possible opportunities for sightings. To date we have a 100% success rate on the popular ''Brazil - Just Jaguars'' holiday.
• Our excursions include multiple boat trips at the best times of the day, encompassing early morning, late afternoon, and night safaris.
What can I look forward to on a dedicated Jaguar tour?
• Our wildlife holidays offer the security and camaraderie of small group travel, accompanied by a dedicated and highly experienced leader.
• Our dedicated ''Brazil – Just Jaguars'' holiday enjoys four days exploring the stunning Brazilian Pantanal.
• Outings take place at various times of the day to ensure optimal sightings. By day this includes excursions in open vehicles and by boat, while after dark it's spotlighting and exciting night drives.
• The Pantanal is also home to a vast array of other wildlife, including the Giant River Otter, Giant Anteater, Brazilian Tapir, Ocelot, Hyacinth Macaw, Caiman, and the world's largest rodent, the Capybara.
Bespoke wildlife holidays with Naturetrek
Because group travel may not be for everyone, we are pleased to offer the option of a bespoke tour to the Pantanal, or customised wildlife holidays to other destinations around the world. If you'd like to discuss the possibilities or obtain a quote, feel free to contact Dan on 01962 733051 or email at email@example.com
Recommendations from Jaguar expert, Dan Free
"For those looking for a specialised Jaguar watching holiday, Naturetrek's dedicated tour offers the chance for participants to experience sightings of the cats in their natural habitat - swimming, lazing by a river, or out on the rainforest tracks. The 'Brazilian Pantanal and Iguazu Falls' expedition is longer, at 17 days, so takes in a greater range of habitats, but whichever one you choose, you can expect to see an incredible array of wildlife along the way!"
Naturetrek Tour Manager