Wildlife holidays in Botswana
A land-locked country straddling the Tropic of Capricorn, Botswana offers one of the last unspoiled wildernesses in Africa. Most of the country is consumed by the sands of the vast Kalahari Desert, but in the north-western corner lies one of the great ‘natural wonders of the world’, the Okavango Delta, the largest inland delta on Earth and a haven for Elephant, Southern Giraffe, Lion, Wild Dog and a wealth of other wildlife.
Remarkably for an African country, Botswana has a tiny population. Just over two million inhabitants occupy this nation that is the size of France and Germany together!
Nearly one fifth of its area is given over to national parks and it has huge game reserves.
Our Botswana specialist recommends..
"Our ‘Bostwana’ tour offers a comprehensive 15-day wildlife adventure to Chobe National Park, Moremi Wildlife Reserve, Victoria Falls and a 4-day exploration of the magnificent Okavango Delta. Our ‘Botswana’s Desert & Delta’ tour is birdwatching holiday to the spectacular inland delta of the Okavango."
Whats special about its wildlife?
- The largest herds in southern Africa roam free & wild
- Botswana is home to some of the continents most spectacular & varied bird life
- Wild Dogs are a special species to see in the region & our wildlife holidays offer the chance of seeing this elusive species
- The Okavango transforms 15,000 square kilometres of Botswana into a paradise of palms, papyrus & crystal clear waterways teeming with wildlife
Naturetrek tours to Botswana
Naturetrek offers a range of wildlife holidays and natural history tours in Botswana. These include bargain tours as well as a comprehensive 16-day holiday.
Our tours to Botswana visit:
- The Okavango Deltas complex habitats in search of its mammals & birds
- Chobe National Park, which is especially famous for Elephants & waterbirds, as well as Lion & Cheetah in its savannah areas
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve – we look for birds such as woodpeckers, barbets and weavers, plus huge herds of Buffalo, Lechwe, Zebra & other mammals on the edge of the Okavango
- Our Botswana tour includes a visit to the Victoria Falls
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Botswana HOLIDAYS
Again Naturetrek delivers a wonderful trip. Thanks to Paul and all the office staff in the UK for all their efficient work and to the guides, their knowledge and abilities are without question - superb.The camp staff were faultless, to produce meals of the quality they did, and dismantle the complete campsite to another site in the demanding wild bush, with the heat as it was, deserves some praise.
The two areas visited offered a contrast of habitat. The sightings were excellent and close up; Simon took the time and effort to make sure we all had good views for photos as well as following the animals and explaining the scenarios and behaviour as they unfolded. Seeing big adult male Lions within a few feet of the vehicle, following African Wild Dog (and pups) on a chase, watching Leopards stalking and Cheetah running all went to make this a safari to remember.
Quality of ornithological and general wildlife knowledge was outstanding. Tented camps were brilliant in terms of support staff, locations, facilities and catering. Exceptional value for money re: location and trip content