Wildlife Cruise Holidays
The oceans are one of the last great wilderness areas left on our planet. Travelling by sea on a nature cruise represents the best way to see many of the world’s wildlife spectacles, as there are still wildlife paradises that are accessible by sea but cannot yet be reached by air.
Our nature cruise specialist recommends …
If you love whales and dolphins I’d recommend our Baja & Sea of Cortez nature cruise. The world’s largest concentration of cetaceans is found here, but book early as this tour sells out fast. I’d also suggest ‘Spitsbergen – Realm of the Polar Bear’ for a spectacular combination of wildlife and scenery. -
Naturetrek wildlife cruises offer:
- A range of cruising experiences, from exclusively chartered 50-berth expedition ships to smaller motor yachts & schooners
- Arctic & Antarctic nature cruises in ships with specially strengthened hulls
- Each voyage is accompanied by expert naturalists
- Wide range of wildlife cruises from five continents
We have been running wildlife cruises for over 30 years and if your image of cruising is endless deck quoits or bingo, think again! A life on the ocean waves can be a permit to witness scenes of natural splendour that most people will only ever see on their television screens.
A selection of our most popular wildlife cruises:
- Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands – Unique 2-week Galapagos nature cruise aboard a 16-berth schooner in search of the confiding birds, mammals & reptiles that inhabit these islands made so famous by Darwin
- The Sub-Antartic Islands of New Zealand – Penguins, marine mammals & seabirds (Tailormade)
- Spitsbergen in the summer – Polar Bears, Walruses & seabirds
- Baja California – Blue Whales, Sperm Whales, thousands of dolphins & other marine life, plus San Ignacio’s friendly Grey Whales
- Kamchatka Peninsula – Pacific Ocean seabird colonies, spectacular volcanic scenery & over a dozen species of auks, plus Steller’s Sea Eagle, Siberian Rubythroats & much more (Tailormade)
- Brahmaputra Cruise, India – Unique nature cruise visiting Kaziranga & other National Parks
But we offer so much more!
View all of our wildlife cruises or call us now on +44 1962 733051 to find out more.
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Cruises HOLIDAYS
I thought the whole organization and attention to detail was amazing and would like to congratulate everyone involved in the organization of this holiday.
I think the Captain's flexibility played a big part in enabling us to see as much as possible, and the crew and expert and informative guides, both from the ship and Naturetrek, made it a 'happy' ship and contributed to an experience I shall never forget. I really enjoyed all our trips ashore and the zodiac rides along the coast. The numbers of penguins in the rookeries was unbelievable and a sight I shall never forget. Neither shall I ever forget dawn in Antarctica for the few of us who got up at 2.45 a.m. to see it! Our day in St. Andrews Bay was a favourite and I have to confess that after the Arctic trip I am hooked on the colours and shapes of sea ice/ icebergs.
Thoroughly enjoyed this trip from start to finish. Everything was perfect. Enjoyed the scenery, mammals and birds. The Oceanwide Expeditions staff were amazing with their knowledge and great humour. The Naturetrek tour leaders and other members of staff on this cruise had so much knowledge and were great fun. The Ortelius was a very clean and comfortable boat to be on and the food was delicious. Well done and thank you once again Naturetrek for a fantastic experience.
Spitsbergen was never on my list of to do's as I like hot climates. However my friend said it was a life time ambition to go to the Arctic…. I now owe her big time, I loved every minute of the trip, mammals and birds of course but I was bewitched by the scenery, I never dremt that I would be so happy doing nothing just watching the ever changing ice flows. As ever the Naturetrek leaders were first rate.