Dedicated Jaguar Watching Holidays
The Jaguar is South America’s most iconic cat. Secretive and stunningly beautiful, seeing one of them surely ranks among the world’s top 10 wildlife experiences. Naturetrek offers dedicated Jaguar holidays to Brazil of varying lengths. Naturetrek groups have also seen these stunning wild cats in Tambopata, Peru (Macaws and Machu Picchu) and in the Iwokrama rainforest in Guyana (Guyana - A Timeless Paradise), although sightings in both localities are less frequent than in the Pantanal.
Our Jaguar holidays specialist recommends...
"If you want a holiday dedicated to looking for these magnificent cats, you can't do any better than Naturetrek's 'Brazil – Just Jaguars!' tour. We've had some excellent sightings – sitting beside a river, on a track and even swimming. For those who want to stay longer and explore a greater variety of habitats I'd recommend our 17-day 'Brazilian Pantanal & IguazuFalls' tour, though you'll see a host of fantastic wildlife on both trips!"
Naturetrek Jaguar-Watching Holidays
We offer one dedicated tour for seeing Jaguars: our 12-day - Brazil – Just Jaguars! has a remarkable 100% record of success. They have also been seen on Naturetrek’s 17-day Brazilian Pantanal & Iguazu Falls holiday.
With our wealth of experience in offering wildlife tours to South America, Naturetrek has developed an extensive network of the very best naturalist guides in Brazil. Our Jaguar holidays focus on the Brazilian Pantanal, the best place in the world for seeing these animals.
Here are some of the reasons why Naturetrek’s Jaguar holidays are so successful:
• 100% sightings on our dedicated Just Jaguars! holiday to date
• Led by expert locally-based naturalist guides
• Visit the Brazilian Pantanal, famous for its density of wild Jaguars
• Extensive knowledge of the Brazilian Pantanal
• Up-to-date information from local contacts
• Outings at optimal times of the day for jaguar watching
• Night-drives, plus early morning & late afternoon excursions
• Superb local guides whose expertise and knowledge guarantee us the best sightings
What can I expect on a Naturetrek Jaguar holiday?
• Explore Pantanal by day on boat trips & in open vehicle rides
• Night outings with spotlighting
• Our Brazil – Just Jaguars! tour spends 4 days in their prime habitat
• Enjoy the chance to see other wildlife & cultures
• Look for a host of other wildlife including Ocelot, Giant Anteater & Hyacinth Macaw
• View Giant River Otter, Caiman & Capybara, the world’s largest rodent
• The security of a like-minded small group & Naturetrek leader
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Jaguars HOLIDAYS
Itinerary excellent. We were disappointed when Marcos Felix said he had been requested to leave us. That would have spoilt the last 3 days as Marcus and the group had built up a great rapport. Very pleased he remained with us, especially for our last night when he presented us with a fantastic video of our trip and experiences. Marcos also had many interesting PowerPoint presentations which either prepared us for our excursion or provided an excellent learning summary to reflect upon our experiences. He encouraged group participation and enhanced his own learning and appreciated our feedback. He provided a great video of our experience in the Pantanal. An excellent guide, very knowledgeable, professional, enthusiastic and a great sense of humour! A great trip - Just Jaguars and a lot more!!!
The itinerary was excellent, making the most of daylight hours to view wildlife. The tour more than lived up to our expectations. We were amazed to see a jaguar within five minutes of leaving the Flotel for our first boat ride and when she called to her cubs we were speechless!
This was a very successful trip with great sightings of Jaguars and other iconic mammal species. Certainly the presence of the Jaguar researchers added an element of interest, as we were able to identify some of the Jaguars by comparing photos with their database.