Wildlife holidays in the Philippines
Tell me about the Philippines…
About 7,000 islands make up the Republic of the Philippines, which lies a few hundred kilometres to the north-east of Borneo and south of Taiwan.
With over 36,000 kilometres of coastline, these tropical islands boast sandy beaches and azure seas. Most of the mountainous islands are volcanic in origin and covered in rainforest.
Our Philippines specialist recommends...
"The Philippines is a great destination for someone looking to stay in very comfortable hotels whilst enjoying some unique birding opportunities. We explore some of the contrasting islands of this archipelago."Tom Mabbett
What’s special about the wildlife?
It’s one of the richest areas of biodiversity in the world and home to over 1,000 land vertebrate species, including over 100 mammals and 170 bird species not found elsewhere.
It has a rich flora, especially within its forests. Many rare orchids are found in the Philippines, as well as the foul-smelling parasitic plant, rafflesia.
Naturetrek tour to the Philippines
Naturetrek offers a 15-day holiday, based in very comfortable hotels, in search of the endemic and other bird life of some of the most contrasting islands in the delightful Philippines archipelago.
What might I see?
- Wetland reserves on the island of Luzon, searching for species such as Philippine Duck, Purple Swamphen & Cinnamon Bittern
- Lowland forests birds including hornbills, Philippine Fairy Bluebird & Philippine Falconet
- On the island of Cebu we look for migrant waders as well as Chinese Egrets & the exceptionally rare Cebu Flowerpecker
- On Palawan we take a boat ride along a subterranean river, in search of thousands of bats and swiftlets
- We look for the breathtakingly beautiful Palawan Peacock Pheasant, Javan Frogmouth & Taban Spurfowl among many other birds
- We offer two extensions – one to look for Whale Sharks & another to search for the mighty Philippine Eagle
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Philippines HOLIDAYS