Wildlife holidays in Kenya
Tell me about Kenya …
Kenya is a magical country. With a functional veneer of westernisation, it is bustling and colourful, and packed with variety – a melting pot of everything African.
Despite pressure from tourism and a growing population this country remains the naturalist’s first choice in Africa ... and perhaps the world.
Kenya has a variety of scenery and habitats unrivalled even in Africa: arid deserts, verdant rainforests, rolling grasslands, snow-capped equatorial peaks, lush green hills, cultivated plains, plus the lakes and spectacular escarpments of the Great Rift Valley.
The country is serviced by a good network of roads as well as by standards of accommodation and cuisine as high as any in Africa.
Our Kenya specialist recommends...
Our ‘Kenya’s Masai Mara’ bargain mammals tour is a great way to see beautiful Lake Naivasha and its beautiful surroundings, the astonishing scenery of the Great Rift Valley and the vast numbers of game in the Masai Mara NP.
What’s special about its wildlife?
- Abundant game in the reserves
- Superb variety of mammals including the ‘big five’ & much more
- Over a thousand species of birds – unrivalled by any other African area of similar size – many of which are exceptionally colourful, approachable & easily photographed
Naturetrek tours to Kenya
Naturetrek offers a whole range of wildlife holidays and natural history tours in Kenya, focusing in particular on its amazing birds and mammals. Here are a few of the places we visit in Kenya:
- Wildlife safaris to the Masai Mara
- The Rift Valley, Mount Kenya & stunning Indian Ocean coast
- World famous game reserves such as Amboseli, Samburu & Tsavo
What wildlife can I see?
It’s hard to know where to start, but here are just a few of the wildlife highlights a tour to Kenya can offer:
- The famous annual migration of Blue Wildebeest, Topi, zebra, gazelles, Giraffe & other mammals
- Predators including Lion, Leopard, Cheetah, jackals & hyenas
- Elephant, African Buffalo & other mammals in the Serengeti
- Watching Hippos wallowing at Mzima Springs
- Lake Nakuru’s spectacular flamingoes
- A fantastic array of bird life including hornbills, Ostriches, Secretary Birds, Carmine Bee-eaters, widowbirds, vultures, barbets, weavers …
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Kenya HOLIDAYS
An excellent trip. The unfenced campsite allowed a remarkable experience with the wildlife, you felt part of their environment. The guides were very knowledgeable not only on birds and mammals...The trips to the Masai village and local school were enjoyed by all. A trip that managed to pack an awful lot into a short space of time. Very memorable.
I enjoyed this trip very much. As I am a photographer I was very pleased to get a wide range of shots including mammals and birds. Lots of zebra, wildebeest, Thompsons gazelle, impala, giraffe, waterbuck, eland and hippo... and a 15 strong pride of lions. I am most delighted with the shots. I am trying to organise some fellow photographers to make a trip in the near future. I cant wait.
The guides were very knowledgeable and worked hard to find all the animals that lived in the areas we visited. They were patient when the photographers wanted to get just the right picture. Their driving skills were impressive and I always felt safe with them. The holiday fulfilled all my expectations.