Wildlife holidays in Botswana
A land-locked country straddling the Tropic of Capricorn, Botswana offers one of the last unspoiled wildernesses in Africa. Most of the country is consumed by the sands of the vast Kalahari Desert, but in the north-western corner lies one of the great ‘natural wonders of the world’, the Okavango Delta, the largest inland delta on Earth and a haven for Elephant, Southern Giraffe, Lion, Wild Dog and a wealth of other wildlife.
Remarkably for an African country, Botswana has a tiny population. Just over two million inhabitants occupy this nation that is the size of France and Germany together!
Nearly one fifth of its area is given over to national parks and it has huge game reserves.
Our Botswana specialist recommends..
"Our ‘Bostwana’ tour offers a comprehensive 15-day wildlife adventure to Chobe National Park, Moremi Wildlife Reserve, Victoria Falls and a 4-day exploration of the magnificent Okavango Delta. Our ‘Botswana’s Desert & Delta’ tour is birdwatching holiday to the spectacular inland delta of the Okavango."
Whats special about its wildlife?
- The largest herds in southern Africa roam free & wild
- Botswana is home to some of the continents most spectacular & varied bird life
- Wild Dogs are a special species to see in the region & our wildlife holidays offer the chance of seeing this elusive species
- The Okavango transforms 15,000 square kilometres of Botswana into a paradise of palms, papyrus & crystal clear waterways teeming with wildlife
Naturetrek tours to Botswana
Naturetrek offers a range of wildlife holidays and natural history tours in Botswana. These include bargain tours as well as a comprehensive 16-day holiday.
Our tours to Botswana visit:
- The Okavango Deltas complex habitats in search of its mammals & birds
- Chobe National Park, which is especially famous for Elephants & waterbirds, as well as Lion & Cheetah in its savannah areas
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve – we look for birds such as woodpeckers, barbets and weavers, plus huge herds of Buffalo, Lechwe, Zebra & other mammals on the edge of the Okavango
- Our Botswana tour includes a visit to the Victoria Falls
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Botswana HOLIDAYS
The standard of the lodges was universally excellent and added a great deal to the holiday. I would like to praise the attentiveness, good humour and knowledge of our leader Neil Macleod. He was very thoughtful and always willing to answer questions or help locate and identify wildlife.
The whole trip was wonderful, especially our leader Joe Ramsden.
As always a wonderful trip with Naturetrek. All the guides and camp staff in Botswana were first class. The guides were very knowledgeable not just about the birds but all the animals, from the biggest elephant to the smallest frog. I am not a serious bird watcher and was apprehensive before hand as I was afraid that it would be too intense. Fortunately, this was not the case and I learnt a lot, saw a lot and had plenty of laughs along the way. Thank you Naturetrek for another great trip!