Wildlife Cruise Holidays
The oceans are one of the last great wilderness areas left on our planet. Travelling by sea on a nature cruise represents the best way to see many of the world’s wildlife spectacles, as there are still wildlife paradises that are accessible by sea but cannot yet be reached by air.
Our nature cruise specialist recommends …
If you love whales and dolphins I’d recommend our Baja & Sea of Cortez nature cruise. The world’s largest concentration of cetaceans is found here, but book early as this tour sells out fast. I’d also suggest ‘Spitsbergen – Realm of the Polar Bear’ for a spectacular combination of wildlife and scenery. -
Naturetrek wildlife cruises offer:
- A range of cruising experiences, from exclusively chartered 50-berth expedition ships to smaller motor yachts & schooners
- Arctic & Antarctic nature cruises in ships with specially strengthened hulls
- Each voyage is accompanied by expert naturalists
- Wide range of wildlife cruises from five continents
We have been running wildlife cruises for over 30 years and if your image of cruising is endless deck quoits or bingo, think again! A life on the ocean waves can be a permit to witness scenes of natural splendour that most people will only ever see on their television screens.
A selection of our most popular wildlife cruises:
- Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands – Unique 2-week Galapagos nature cruise aboard a 16-berth schooner in search of the confiding birds, mammals & reptiles that inhabit these islands made so famous by Darwin
- The Sub-Antartic Islands of New Zealand – Penguins, marine mammals & seabirds (Tailormade)
- Spitsbergen in the summer – Polar Bears, Walruses & seabirds
- Baja California – Blue Whales, Sperm Whales, thousands of dolphins & other marine life, plus San Ignacio’s friendly Grey Whales
- Kamchatka Peninsula – Pacific Ocean seabird colonies, spectacular volcanic scenery & over a dozen species of auks, plus Steller’s Sea Eagle, Siberian Rubythroats & much more (Tailormade)
- Brahmaputra Cruise, India – Unique nature cruise visiting Kaziranga & other National Parks
But we offer so much more!
View all of our wildlife cruises or call us now on +44 1962 733051 to find out more.
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Cruises HOLIDAYS
My recent trip to The Galapgaos/Sacha Lodge was everything I expected it to be - and more. Two nights in Quito included a comprehensive tour of that fascinating city. Our group(just 16 people)was met at Baltra by our guide, Darwin Alvarez, and our tour of the islands started immediately with a trip to see giant tortoises, followed by a lovely lunch, before boarding the Cachalote, our floating 'home' for the next two weeks. Darwin was just superb and his enthusiasm was infectious; his knowledge added even more to the experience of visiting so many of these very special islands. Nothing was too much trouble for the crew of the Cachalote either, with the captain willingly changing course if something interesting was spotted in the water. The chef catered for all/any special dietary requirements, even making me a glorious chocolate and nut cake for my birthday which occurred halfway through the cruise of the islands, and Richard's cocktails, to celebrate crossing the Equator, were something else!
Sacha Lodge was a totally different experience but equally as outstanding. The long and varied journey to even reach it was an adventure in itself and again, nothing was too much trouble for either the staff or the guides who took us out two or three times a day, either on foot or by canoe, to experience this truly magical part of the world.
Truly a holiday of a lifetime.
We thought the trip was fantastic - thoroughly enjoyed it!
I found the expertise of the guides to be excellent and learned a lot from the lectures on board.