WHALE WATCHING HOLIDAYS
Seeing whales in the wild is one of the top 10 things most people want to do during their lifetime. Scanning the water, waiting to hear a blow or see a dorsal fin, is one of the top wildlife experiences in the world, and it can get addictive!
Our whale watching tour specialist recommends …
"Within Europe, the Azores are hard to beat for Sperm Whale sightings, and Madeira combines a lovely island setting with a chance to see both common and rarer species. While Sri Lanka is becoming a hot spot for Blue Whales. The ultimate whale watching tour, though, is our Naturetrek Baja cruise!"
Naturetrek Tour Leader
NATURETREK WHALE WATCHING TOURS
Thankfully, centuries of whaling have been (almost) consigned to history as ecotourism has replaced the slaughter of these gentle and fascinating creatures. Watching whales in the flesh is far more exciting than you can ever imagine and our superb selection of whale-watching tours give you a chance to see these extraordinary mammals. Due to popular demand we are rapidly expanding our programme of whale watching holidays!
- Why book a Naturetrek whale-watching holiday?
- Expert biologist-led & wildlife photographer-led holidays
- Dedicated whale-watching tours focusing on one or a few key species
- Whale-watching as part of a broader wildlife-watching holiday
- Many of our whale-watching tours offer the chance to see dolphins as well
- A range of tours from day trips out on small boats to week-long liveaboard cruises
- A chance to look for cetaceans in all of the world’s oceans, from polar waters to the tropics
- A wide range of the world’s 86 species are seen on our whale-watching holidays, including Blue Whales & Killer Whales
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Whale HOLIDAYS
The holiday delivered all it promised - touching Grey Whales, seeing Blue Whales, snorkelling with sea lions and so much more. Captain Art and his crew could not have done more. The food was very good; they were very helpful & knowledgeable and their organisation was superb. To be truthful, I have almost run out of superlatives regarding this holiday. Well Done Naturetrek!.
One of the best holidays I've had - will need to return to Sri Lanka. We were fortunate enough to see in excess of 30 blue whales, and the other wildlife (including leopards) were most obliging.
The holiday was perfect and could not be made any better.