Dedicated Jaguar Watching Holidays
The Jaguar is South America’s most iconic cat. Secretive and stunningly beautiful, seeing one of them surely ranks among the world’s top 10 wildlife experiences. Naturetrek offers dedicated Jaguar holidays to Brazil of varying lengths. Naturetrek groups have also seen these stunning wild cats in Tambopata, Peru (Macaws and Machu Picchu) and in the Iwokrama rainforest in Guyana (Guyana - A Timeless Paradise), although sightings in both localities are less frequent than in the Pantanal.
Our Jaguar holidays specialist recommends...
If you want a holiday dedicated to looking for these magnificent cats, you can’t do any better than Naturetrek’s ‘Brazil – Just Jaguars!’ tour. We’ve had some excellent sightings – sitting beside a river, on a track and even swimming. For those who want to stay longer and explore a greater variety of habitats I’d recommend our 17-day ‘‘Brazilian Pantanal & IguazuFalls’ tour, though you’ll see a host of fantastic wildlife on both trips!
Operations Manager, Tom Mabbett
Why choose Naturetrek?
We offer one dedicated tour for seeing Jaguars: our 12-day - Brazil – Just Jaguars! has a remarkable 100% record of success. They have also been seen on Naturetrek’s 17-day Brazilian Pantanal & Iguazu Falls holiday.
With our wealth of experience in offering wildlife tours to South America, Naturetrek has developed an extensive network of the very best naturalist guides in Brazil. Our Jaguar holidays focus on the Brazilian Pantanal, the best place in the world for seeing these animals.
Here are some of the reasons why Naturetrek’s Jaguar holidays are so successful:
• 100% sightings on our dedicated Just Jaguars! holiday to date
• Led by expert locally-based naturalist guides
• Visit the Brazilian Pantanal, famous for its density of wild Jaguars
• Extensive knowledge of the Brazilian Pantanal
• Up-to-date information from local contacts
• Outings at optimal times of the day for jaguar watching
• Night-drives, plus early morning & late afternoon excursions
• Superb local guides whose expertise and knowledge guarantee us the best sightings
What can I expect on a Naturetrek Jaguar holiday?
• Explore Pantanal by day on boat trips & in open vehicle rides
• Night outings with spotlighting
• Our Brazil – Just Jaguars! tour spends 4 days in their prime habitat
• Enjoy the chance to see other wildlife & cultures
• Look for a host of other wildlife including Ocelot, Giant Anteater & Hyacinth Macaw
• View Giant River Otter, Caiman & Capybara, the world’s largest rodent
• The security of a like-minded small group & Naturetrek leader
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Jaguars HOLIDAYS
Machu Picchu was all that I expected and more, and I have to say that the Inkaterra Hotel was excellent, especially for the birdlife in the grounds. I must also mention our guide for the trip, Pepe Rojas. He was one of the best guides that Ive ever encountered, and is to be thoroughly commended. His cheerfulness and good humour never wavered throughout the trip, and his obvious passion and knowledge of his subject was a huge bonus for us lucky enough to be with him. He was honest and open, at pains to please the various interests of the group fairly, always punctual and dependable, and must have worked tremendously hard behind the scenes to make things run as smoothly as they did. My thanks go to him.
Firstly I have to say that although I have enjoyed all of the tours that I have taken with Naturetrek, the 'Just Jaguars' tour exceeded all my expectations due to the excellent sightings, the varierty of accommodation, my fellow travellers, but mainly because of the enthusiasm and determination of our guide Paulo to find us all we had hoped to see and much, much more, he really did give us 110%, willingly and happily. I know that myself and the rest of the group really appreciated his efforts and I hope many more of your clients will have the benefit of his guiding. All in all a very fulfilling, interesting and delightful trip, many thanks.
Iguacu is the most beautiful and impressive place we've ever been, and the staging of the order of the visits was excellent. The plenitude of life in the Pantanal was extraordinary.