Dedicated Jaguar Watching Holidays
The Jaguar is South America’s most iconic cat. Secretive and stunningly beautiful, seeing one of them surely ranks among the world’s top 10 wildlife experiences. Naturetrek offers dedicated Jaguar holidays to Brazil of varying lengths. Naturetrek groups have also seen these stunning wild cats in Tambopata, Peru (Macaws and Machu Picchu) and in the Iwokrama rainforest in Guyana (Guyana - A Timeless Paradise), although sightings in both localities are less frequent than in the Pantanal.
Our Jaguar holidays specialist recommends...
If you want a holiday dedicated to looking for these magnificent cats, you can’t do any better than Naturetrek’s ‘Brazil – Just Jaguars!’ tour. We’ve had some excellent sightings – sitting beside a river, on a track and even swimming. For those who want to stay longer and explore a greater variety of habitats I’d recommend our 17-day ‘‘Brazilian Pantanal & IguazuFalls’ tour, though you’ll see a host of fantastic wildlife on both trips!
Operations Manager, Dan Free
Why choose Naturetrek?
We offer one dedicated tour for seeing Jaguars: our 12-day - Brazil – Just Jaguars! has a remarkable 100% record of success. They have also been seen on Naturetrek’s 17-day Brazilian Pantanal & Iguazu Falls holiday.
With our wealth of experience in offering wildlife tours to South America, Naturetrek has developed an extensive network of the very best naturalist guides in Brazil. Our Jaguar holidays focus on the Brazilian Pantanal, the best place in the world for seeing these animals.
Here are some of the reasons why Naturetrek’s Jaguar holidays are so successful:
• 100% sightings on our dedicated Just Jaguars! holiday to date
• Led by expert locally-based naturalist guides
• Visit the Brazilian Pantanal, famous for its density of wild Jaguars
• Extensive knowledge of the Brazilian Pantanal
• Up-to-date information from local contacts
• Outings at optimal times of the day for jaguar watching
• Night-drives, plus early morning & late afternoon excursions
• Superb local guides whose expertise and knowledge guarantee us the best sightings
What can I expect on a Naturetrek Jaguar holiday?
• Explore Pantanal by day on boat trips & in open vehicle rides
• Night outings with spotlighting
• Our Brazil – Just Jaguars! tour spends 4 days in their prime habitat
• Enjoy the chance to see other wildlife & cultures
• Look for a host of other wildlife including Ocelot, Giant Anteater & Hyacinth Macaw
• View Giant River Otter, Caiman & Capybara, the world’s largest rodent
• The security of a like-minded small group & Naturetrek leader
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Jaguars HOLIDAYS
The tour was of the right duration for me and the choice of hotels were excellent. The best thing about the tour was the excellent opportunity it provided to see one of the most enigmatic big cats. I also have to make a special mention of the tour leader Kike, who was a real star. He was very knowledgeable, enthusiastic and extremely helpful. No request was too much for him and he constantly tried to make the trip an enjoyable one for everyone.
Jose Antonio’s enthusiasm, good humour and in-depth knowledge about the birds, the wildlife and his country as a whole contributed enormously to my enjoyment of the trip. The local guides were also outstanding. For example, one of our local guides on the Inca Trail was both an archaeologist and a first-class mountain guide. Who could ask for anything better? The great variety was the main benefit of the holiday for me. Although I enjoy the birds, my interests are much more general. That is why I chose this holiday and it did not disappoint. We saw a lot of beautiful birds, but I was also able to enjoy the country as a whole. This was largely due to Jose Antonio, who was happy to talk about his country as well as the wildlife. It was also because ALL the local guides spoke such excellent English and were so knowledgeable. We were able to get to know them as people and enjoy their company as well as benefit from their expertise. We were very well looked after at every stage, including the trek.
This was a fantastic holiday with the sightings of Jaguars way beyond my expectation. Marcos Felix was a superb guide.