Dedicated Jaguar Watching Holidays
The Jaguar is South America’s most iconic cat. Secretive and stunningly beautiful, seeing one of them surely ranks among the world’s top 10 wildlife experiences. Naturetrek offers dedicated Jaguar holidays to Brazil of varying lengths. Naturetrek groups have also seen these stunning wild cats in Tambopata, Peru (Macaws and Machu Picchu) and in the Iwokrama rainforest in Guyana (Guyana - A Timeless Paradise), although sightings in both localities are less frequent than in the Pantanal.
Our Jaguar holidays specialist recommends...
If you want a holiday dedicated to looking for these magnificent cats, you can’t do any better than Naturetrek’s ‘Brazil – Just Jaguars!’ tour. We’ve had some excellent sightings – sitting beside a river, on a track and even swimming. For those who want to stay longer and explore a greater variety of habitats I’d recommend our 17-day ‘‘Brazilian Pantanal & IguazuFalls’ tour, though you’ll see a host of fantastic wildlife on both trips!
Operations Manager, Dan Free
Why choose Naturetrek?
We offer one dedicated tour for seeing Jaguars: our 12-day - Brazil – Just Jaguars! has a remarkable 100% record of success. They have also been seen on Naturetrek’s 17-day Brazilian Pantanal & Iguazu Falls holiday.
With our wealth of experience in offering wildlife tours to South America, Naturetrek has developed an extensive network of the very best naturalist guides in Brazil. Our Jaguar holidays focus on the Brazilian Pantanal, the best place in the world for seeing these animals.
Here are some of the reasons why Naturetrek’s Jaguar holidays are so successful:
• 100% sightings on our dedicated Just Jaguars! holiday to date
• Led by expert locally-based naturalist guides
• Visit the Brazilian Pantanal, famous for its density of wild Jaguars
• Extensive knowledge of the Brazilian Pantanal
• Up-to-date information from local contacts
• Outings at optimal times of the day for jaguar watching
• Night-drives, plus early morning & late afternoon excursions
• Superb local guides whose expertise and knowledge guarantee us the best sightings
What can I expect on a Naturetrek Jaguar holiday?
• Explore Pantanal by day on boat trips & in open vehicle rides
• Night outings with spotlighting
• Our Brazil – Just Jaguars! tour spends 4 days in their prime habitat
• Enjoy the chance to see other wildlife & cultures
• Look for a host of other wildlife including Ocelot, Giant Anteater & Hyacinth Macaw
• View Giant River Otter, Caiman & Capybara, the world’s largest rodent
• The security of a like-minded small group & Naturetrek leader
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Jaguars HOLIDAYS
I was very impressed by how well the trip was organised to allow us to see so many different animal and bird species at each location. And our guide Fiorella was so, so very good in spotting them! She was also very accommodating if we wanted to stop and take more photos. For me, to see such an array of animals, including the Big Five, and also the incredible amount of birdlife every single day we were there was fantastic. I felt like I was on the set of a documentary about Brazil's wildlife from the moment we pulled into the first Wolf Camp until we left for Cuiaba. All the locations were ideal for wildlife viewing. The accommodations were also very good and appropriate for the specific areas.
Alyson did a very good job as a guide and leader. His sightings and insight were brilliant and he is a really nice guy with a good sense of humour and attitude. I didn't expect to see so many jaguar, that was great as were the sunrise and sunset tours. We saw so many animals, it was a really good trip.
Everything worked well...all the lodges were enjoyable and each had its own special element to offer; the hummingbirds at Arrowpoint, views and trails at Shanklands, Simplicity and quiet at Surama etc. Special thanks to the team at Karanmbo who went to particular trouble to find otters for us on our last day. Andy was a great trip leader; his expertise needs no comment from me and he retained his sense of humour throughout. The group was great too - we had lots of laughs and everyone got on with things together as a team. All in all, a wonderful experience of a pristine rainforest environment, bugs and all!