Dolphin Watching Holidays
Seeing dolphins in the wild consistently ranks high on people’s lists of ’10 Things To See Before I Die’. Dolphins have captured the public imagination arguably more than any other animal – we marvel at their intelligence, grace and agility, as well as their apparent curiosity of their human observers.
OUR DOLPHIN TOURS SPECIALIST RECOMMENDS …
In the UK I’d recommend our full-day dolphin tours to look for White-beaked dolphins off Lyme Bay. Madeira offers a good variety of dolphins close to shore including Risso’s, Atlantic Spotted and Common, while if you fancy warm tropical waters Sri Lanka or the Maldives offer a good range of acrobatic species in sunny conditions! - Tom Brereton
NATURETREK DOLPHIN TOURS
Why book one of Naturetrek’s dolphin watching holidays?
Naturetrek offers the chance to watch dolphins all over the world, from the UK to the tropics and polar regions. Many of our dolphin tours also offer the opportunity to see whales.
- Dedicated dolphin tours focusing on one or a few key species
- Dolphin watching as part of a broader wildlife watching tour
- A range of tours from day trips out on small boats to week-long liveaboard cruises
- Expert biologist-led, photographer-led and researcher-led tours
- A wide range of the world’s dolphin species seen, from Bottlenose and Risso’s, to Spinner, Striped and Heaviside’s
Our range of dolphin watching holidays includes:
- A Maldives Cruise – a cruise through the turquoise waters surrounding the Maldives, searching for dolphins and whales
- Monterey Bay – enjoying the dolphins, whales and bird life of California’s Monterey Bay
- The Azores – searching the cetacean-rich waters of the Azores
- Madeira – a 5-day holiday in search of dolphins and wales
We also run dolphin tours to Madeira, the Bay of Biscay, the Straits of Gibraltar, Baja California, Sri Lanka, Norway, Spitsbergen and, within the UK, Dorset, Pembrokeshire and Scotland.
But we offer so much more!
View all of our dolphin watching holidays or call us now on +44 1962 733051 to find out more.
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Dolphins HOLIDAYS
Highlights included: Seeing a blue whale, the largest living animal on our planet, for the very first time and at such close range. Seeing six other whale species as well, including one dead sperm whale. Enjoying an incredible display by 250 or more dolphins one afternoon. Gazing in wonder at a whale shark coming within arm's length of our skiff with its enormous mouth wide open as it fed. Having glorious sightings of a black-footed albatross, a red-billed tropic bird, scores of storm petrels and terns, as well as nesting ospreys, egrets and herons, orioles and frigatebirds. Neither will I forget the spectacular sunrises and sunsets, nor the Milky Way that night when all the boat's lights were switched off. Magic!
Excellent leader: Put himself out to help everyone and accommodate all people's interest. Excellent problem solving, very good knowledge/experience of a range of wildlife.
Flexible accommodation and meals.
Art Taylor and his team were first class. They all make for a wonderful experience. Lee Morgan and Rob Nawojchik are superb guides. I have been on several guided trips and this team is by far the best. Both were always available, working hard to search for wish-list species. This was always done at a pace that suited all and ensured that everyone had a memorable trip.