Bargain Bird Watching Holidays
Our bargain bird watching tours suit keen birders who want an active, fast-paced birding holiday with a dedicated focus on searching for birds rather than on looking at the area’s other wildlife or cultural highlights. We offer a wide selection of long-haul holidays to many destinations in South America, Africa, Asia, Australia and elsewhere.
Our birding specialist recommends …
I’d recommend our ‘Nepal’ holiday visiting Chitwan National Park and Koshi Tappu Reserve, and ‘India – Bharatpur & Chambal’ within Asia. Try ‘Ecuador – Cock-of-the-rock’ for a superb introduction to Andean birding, while, if you want a bit of luxury, the accommodation we use on our ‘Zambia’s South Luangwa National Park’ tour is top class. - Paul Stanbury
What can I expect?
- An expert English-speaking local ornithologist leader
- Outstanding value for money
- Dawn-to-dusk birding with limited time for rest, relaxation and outside interests
- Enviable bird lists!
- Focused searches for endemic species, while also looking for non-endemics
Who are these tours best suited to?
- Keen & active birders – whether expert or beginner
- People looking for an action-packed bird-focused tour
Where can I go?
Naturetreks selection of bargain bird watching holidays includes many South and Central American countries including Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru, Venezuela and Panama. In Africa our selection includes Malawi, Ethiopia and South Africa, while in India and Nepal we offer a choice of 17 bargain bird watching tours! Here are a few more choices:
- Endemics of Western Australia
- Birds of the Okavango Delta, Botswana
- Andean specialities in Argentina
- Birds of Brazils Atlantic rainforest
- Colombia – home to the world’s richest avifauna
- Sri Lanka’s endemic birds
Anything a bit different?
Yes. We’re always on the look-out for new destinations and new ideas to offer you, so keep an eye on our new tours section. This year we’ve added Honduras and Ghana to our list of bargain tour destinations …
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Bargain Birds HOLIDAYS
You should regard Tony Smith as a priceless asset. He was absolutely brilliant: encyclopaedic knowledge, boundless enthusiasm, great warmth and good humour, and a real determination to ensure that everyone saw everything that was going. Kan Tengri (the ground agents) were also outstandingly good. The local guide, interpreter, driver and his colleague were all really excellent.
Andy Foster is an excellent guide. He has exceptional hearing and eyesight and can pick up birds quickly. He has a thorough knowledge of the birds in this area of Brazil and was never troubled identifying species.
Andy Foster is an excellent host and guide. He ensured a very smooth running trip. The lodge is of a very high quality, clean and friendly.