Wildlife Cruise Holidays
The oceans are one of the last great wilderness areas left on our planet. Travelling by sea on a nature cruise represents the best way to see many of the world’s wildlife spectacles, as there are still wildlife paradises that are accessible by sea but cannot yet be reached by air.
Our nature cruise specialist recommends …
If you love whales and dolphins I’d recommend our Baja & Sea of Cortez nature cruise. The world’s largest concentration of cetaceans is found here, but book early as this tour sells out fast. I’d also suggest ‘Spitsbergen – Realm of the Polar Bear’ for a spectacular combination of wildlife and scenery. - Paul Stanbury
Naturetrek wildlife cruises offer:
- A range of cruising experiences, from exclusively chartered 50-berth expedition ships to smaller motor yachts & schooners
- Arctic & Antarctic nature cruises in ships with specially strengthened hulls
- Each voyage is accompanied by expert naturalists
- Wide range of wildlife cruises from five continents
We have been running wildlife cruises for over 20 years and if your image of cruising is endless deck quoits or bingo, think again! A life on the ocean waves can be a permit to witness scenes of natural splendour that most people will only ever see on their television screens.
A selection of our most popular wildlife cruises:
- Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands – Unique 2-week Galapagos nature cruise aboard a 16-berth schooner in search of the confiding birds, mammals & reptiles that inhabit these islands made so famous by Darwin
- The Sub-Antartic Islands of New Zealand – Penguins, marine mammals & seabirds
- Spitsbergen in the summer – Polar Bears, Walruses & seabirds
- Baja California – Blue Whales, Sperm Whales, thousands of dolphins & other marine life, plus San Ignacio’s friendly Grey Whales
- Kamchatka Peninsula – Pacific Ocean seabird colonies, spectacular volcanic scenery & over a dozen species of auks, plus Steller’s Sea Eagle, Siberian Rubythroats & much more
- Brahmaputra Cruise, India – Unique nature cruise visiting Kaziranga & other National Parks
But we offer so much more!
View all of our wildlife cruises or call us now on +44 1962 733051 to find out more.
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Cruises HOLIDAYS
The leaders, both Naturetrek and Oceanwide, were very professional, knowledgeable and very approachable. Nothing was ever too much trouble. They worked tirelessly to find the animals. The Captain of the ship was so skilled at edging slowly towards the animal which enabled us to watch images of the Polar Bears devouring a Bearded Seal. the Arctic Fox eating a Guillemot, and the stunning scenery will stay with me forever.
Enjoyed the whole experience on the boat, the staff were excellent especially the guides. Well organised and very knowledgeable. Great food and service. Wonderful wildlife viewing and scenery.
Lee Morgan is a star. Always helpful, caring and very knowledgeable about all aspects of the wildlife we encountered. We enjoyed every minute of this holiday and can't think of anything that could be improved.