New Wildlife Holidays
We know there’s too much great wildlife across the globe to ever see in one lifetime … but we like trying to offer you as much of it as we can, which is why we are constantly coming up with new ideas for wildlife holidays in the UK and abroad.
Our specialist recommends..
In Europe I’d suggest our new short break in Finland to enjoy the vast taiga forests, spending two nights in a specially constructed Wolverine-watching hide. Our ‘Honduras – The Lodge at Pico Bonito’ holiday offers a relaxing one centre, 9-day birdwatching tour with 420+ species found around the hotel. - David Mills
Naturetrek new wildlife holidays
More choice, more places …
Our expert naturalist staff and tour leaders enjoy coming up with new destination and wildlife holiday ideas each year, and this year we’ve already introduced almost 30 new holidays to our existing programme of about 340 tours. If you want to find out about new Naturetrek tours, this is a good place to check first, along with our monthly e-newsletter and regular (paper) Newsletter.
What can I expect from Naturetrek’s new wildlife tours?
- New tours within existing destinations – such as our three new tours to Sweden, and our new Sri Lanka holiday
- Tours to new countries, such as Georgia or Syria, or new regions including the Ebro Delta in Spain
- Combination tours – in Spain we combine learning Spanish & wildlife watching in the Palencian Mountains and birds & wines in Navarra, while in Iceland we go in search of the Northern Lights & Gyrfalcons
- More tours in direct response to demand from you, such as offering you a wider choice of UK holidays, or more departures of existing trips
- More holidays within a theme or to see particular species, such as short-haul whale watching trips to Madeira & Norway, as well as more short breaks
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR New Tours HOLIDAYS
The bird guide at Pico Bonito, Esdras, was excellent, very knowledgeable and talented. The lodge was very good, a lovely setting and everything catered for that you would need.
The lodge is in a great location, very comfortable with fantastic staff. Even when the weather wasn't good it was just a nice place to relax and still see wildlife.
a wonderful day - A 40 minute boat ride to the off shore islands that are surrounded by coral reefs submerged in warm clear water. Colourful fish, spectacular corals, an Island stop to sea star fish, Pink Boa's, Canivet's Hummingbird and Yucatan Vireo, a rustic lunch and a chance to buy souvenir jewellery hand crafted in natural mediums of nut shells and seeds. Tame shore birds, running along the waterline, Sanderlings, Turnstones and Pelicans.